Do you want to lose 6 pounds quickly? While many diets are geared at people who want to lose 20 pounds or more, the plan I’m presenting here will help you lose 6 pounds quickly – perhaps in just one week.
It Is Possible to Lose 6 Pounds Quickly
Although it’s possible to lose 6 lbs quickly, a lot of the weight loss won’t be body fat alone. There will be sufficient weight loss and the dropping of extra pounds as a result of losing excess water weight.
It’s because in some ways this plan lowers your insulin levels and makes your body get rid of stored carbs, which bind to water. Reduced insulin levels will also make your kidneys shed out excess sodium, leading to reduced water retention.
Along with reduced body fat and water weight, slimmers may also lose some weight due to less intestinal waste and undigested food and fibre in the digestive system.
These are the simple tips one should take to lose ten pounds in one week.
1. Eat Fewer Carbs And Consume More Lean Protein
You can lose several pounds by following a low-carb diet for just a few days.
Proven health benefits of low-carb diets
Studies(1, 2, 3) show that people on low-carb diets lose more weight, faster because instead of burning carbs for energy, your body starts feeding off of stored fat as your hunger levels go down and you end up eating much fewer calories.
You are able to reduce bloat and unnecessary water weight because cutting carbs lowers insulin levels(4), causing your kidneys to shed excess sodium and water out of your body.
Proven health benefits of high-protein diets
You can get rid of your food cravings by eating a high-protein diet as studies(10, 11, 12) show eating plenty of protein reduce cravings and obsessive thoughts about food by 60%, reduce the desire for late-night snacking by half, and make you so full that you automatically eat 441 fewer calories per day — just by adding protein to your diet
Foods to eat to lose 6 pounds quickly
The first thing you want to do is clear out your pantry of all the foods that make you fat. Clean out your refrigerator and throw things away. Donate the packaged food in your pantry to a local food bank.
Then, go to the grocery store and buy the following sixteen things:
1. Whole wheat bread
3. Any and all fruits
4. Any and all vegetables
5. 8 oz. steak
6. Two chicken breasts
7. Salad vegetables
8. Balsamic vinegar
9. Special K Cereal
10. Skim milk
11. Brown rice
12. Instant oatmeal (not the sweetened packaged kind though)
13. Sliced turkey breast
14. 3 servings of fish
15. Low-fat yoghurt
Using these foods as the basis for your diet, write out a diet plan for the next seven days.
2. Reduce calorie intake to lose 6 pounds quickly
To lose weight, you need to eat fewer calories than you burn. Here are some simple but highly effective ways to cut calories and lose weight.
- Count your calories. Track the number of calories and nutrients you are taking in using calorie counting tools to log and weigh your intake.
- Use less sauce. Try eating a bit less sauce, to reduce the number of calories you’re eating. Adding ketchup or mayonnaise to your food can add more calories than you may realize. In fact, only 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of mayonnaise adds an extra 57 calories to your meal.
- Don’t drink your calories. One study suggests that drinking a lot of sugar-sweetened beverages such as soda, are also linked to obesity and type 2 diabetes(13, 14) and not only adds many unnecessary calories to your diet but may also increase your hunger later on.
- Cook your own food. Cooking your own meals gives you better control over the number of calories you eat because when you buy meals that you think are healthy you can not really know what is in it making as they might contain hidden sugars or fats which might increase your calorie count.
- Don’t keep junk food in the house. Keeping junk food out easy reach makes it easy to stop the urge to reach for unhealthy snacks especially when you are stressed or bored.
- Use smaller plates. Choosing a smaller plate is a simple trick that could keep your portion sizes on track and curb overeating. Larger plates have been linked to larger serving sizes, which means people are more likely to overeat. (15, 16)
- Drink water before your meal. One study found that drinking just 2 cups (500 ml) of water before a meal lowered calorie intake by around 13%. Drinking water before a meal may help you feel more satisfied, causing you to eat fewer calories and also lose weight. (17, 18)
3. Be Active Outside of the Gym
- Park far away from the front door of your work or a store. Not only will you get extra steps in, but you will have a much easier time parking.
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator. If you work above the fourth floor, get off of the elevator at least two floors early and walk the rest of the way.
- When you have to contact a colleague at work, don’t phone or email them, walk over to their office or desk.
- If you take the bus or other forms of mass transportation, get off a stop or two early and walk.
- Walk the dog. If you don’t have a dog, volunteer to walk the neighbour’s dog.
- Take a walk before dinner. Not only will you increase the number of steps you take that day, but a walk before dinner will reduce your appetite.
4. Intermittent Fasting Is Another Simple Way to lose 6 pounds Quickly
Intermittent fasting is effective for shedding unwanted fat because it forces you to reduce your calorie intake since you are limiting your eating to a short window of time with fasting protocols like 16-hour fast with an 8-hour feeding window, or a 20-hour fast with a 4-hour feeding window. Combining fasting with exercise, it’s highly advised to do the fasting at a different time than your workout. (19, 20)
5. Use These Tips to Reduce Water Retention
- Sweating releases water weight. Invest in a plastic sweatsuit, often sold in sporting goods stores, and wear it while you work out. It is possible to lose six pounds or more of water weight in one day. If you cannot afford a plastic suit, wear heavy clothing such as a sweatshirt and pants instead.
- You can also try sitting in a sauna to help release excess water. Do not stay in the sauna for long periods of time, and never go in without letting someone know first.
- Exercise on a Regular Basis. During exercise, your body also shifts a lot of water into your muscles. This can help reduce water outside of the cell and decrease the “soft” look people report from excessive water retention.
- Sleep More. Aim to get a healthy amount of sleep per night, which for most individuals will be around 7–9 hours. Sleep may also affect the sympathetic renal nerves in the kidneys, which regulate sodium and water balance. Also, studies show that it’s just as important for health as diet and exercise.
- Stress Less. Long-term stress can increase the hormone cortisol, which directly influences fluid retention and water weight. his may occur because stress and cortisol increase a hormone that controls water balance in the body, known as the antidiuretic hormone or ADH which works by sending signals to your kidneys, telling them how much water to pump back into your body. If you control your stress levels, you will maintain a normal level of ADH and cortisol, which is important for fluid balance and long-term health and disease risk.
- Drink More Water. Interestingly, being well-hydrated can actually reduce water retention. Your body is always trying to achieve a healthy balance, so if you’re constantly dehydrated your body tends to retain more water in an attempt to prevent water levels from becoming too low. The benefits of drinking more water don’t stop there. Other research shows that good hydration is also important for general health, including fat loss and brain function
6. Eat Whole Foods and Avoid Most Processed Junk Foods
Whole food is real food is that is whole, single-ingredient food mostly unprocessed, free of chemical additives, and rich in nutrients. Here are some reasons to eat whole food.
Advantages of eating whole food
- Whole foods s loaded with important nutrients like vitamins, minerals, and other beneficial nutrients which you need for optimal health. For instance, 1 cup (220 grams) of red bell peppers, broccoli, or orange slices contains more than 100% of the RDI for vitamin C. Eggs and liver are especially high in choline, a nutrient essential for proper brain function.
- Whole food is low in sugar than most processed foods. Studies illustrate that eating sugary foods can increase your risk of obesity, insulin resistance, type 2 diabetes, fatty liver disease, and heart disease (20, 21, 22). Even though fruit contains sugar, it’s also high in water and fibre, making it much healthier than soda and processed foods.
- Whole food is high in fibre which provides many health benefits, including boosting digestive function, metabolic health, and feelings of fullness (23, 24, 25 ). Foods like avocados, chia seeds, flaxseeds, and blackberries are particularly high in healthy fibre, alongside beans and legumes. It is advised to consume fibre through whole foods it is much better than taking a supplement or eating processed food with added fibre.
- Whole food nourishes and helps protect your skin. For instance, dark chocolate and avocados have been shown to protect skin against sun damage (26, 27). Also, studies show that eating more vegetables, fish, beans, and olive oil may help reduce wrinkling, loss of elasticity, and other age-related skin changes (28, 29). In addition, switching from a Western diet high in processed foods to one based on real food may help prevent or reduce acne (30).
7. Lift Weights 3 Times Per Week and Try High-Intensity Interval Training
Exercise is one of the best ways to burn fat and improve your appearance. Here are some advantages of High-Intensity Interval Training.
Advantages of High-Intensity Interval Training
- Resistance training burns extra calories while you’re working out. Studies show that HIIT burns 25 to 30% more calories than resistance training, cycling, and treadmill running. It also helps you add or maintain muscle mass and strength ( 31, 32).
- Lifting weights can also protect your metabolism and hormone levels, which often decline during dieting. When you lift weights, your body uses less oxygen than when you push yourself to the max, as you do during high-intensity interval training. ( 33, 34 )
- Full-body resistance training workouts are also a great method to lower your body’s carb stores and water weight, which can lead to a sharp decline in weight.
Finally, try to drink at least eight, 8-ounce glasses of water each day when you are trying to lose weight. You can do this by drinking one litre of water at work and another litre at home. If you don’t like water plain, it is okay to substitute unsweetened iced tea or sugar-free lemonade or punch.
It is possible to lose 6 pounds in a week. Try radically altering your diet, walking more, and drinking a substantial amount of water. It’s not for a lifetime that you will be restricted to this plan, it’s just a week. And, you’ll be able to lose 6 pounds in that time.